City Ministries & Partnerships
Redwood Park Food Bank
Our food bank has been operating for over 12 years now, serving approximately 250 families per month. We are the second-largest food bank in Thunder Bay, and rely on donations from our Redwood community and our community garden, as well as the Regional Food Distribution Association.
JULY 2020 UPDATE - Redwood Park Church Food Bank is REOPENING on Thursday July 16 from 12:30pm-2:30pm!
NEW SUMMER LOCATION: Redwood Park Church Parking Lot
Here's what you need to know:
- Please enter from Westminster Avenue
- There will be a drive-thru and walk-thru option
- Clients can access the food bank twice a month as we transition back into our regular schedule
- ALL CLIENTS MUST PRE-REGISTER at 211. Those not registered will be unable to receive a hamper
- Please bring original, current photo ID for yourself and proof of residency. Other adults living in the house (aged 19 and over) must have original & current photo ID and proof of residency. Children need current ID, but not proof of residency. Clients must register for a hamper pick-up by calling 211.
Questions? Interested in volunteering with our food bank? Email Dianne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a team of people from Redwood who also serve a meal at the Shelter House on the third Wednesday of each month. For more information or to volunteer with this team, join the facebook page or email Debbie at email@example.com
Partnerships & Annual Events
The Coldest Night of the Year - in support of Grace Place
The Day of Caring - in support of United Way
Christmas Wish Bags - in support of Dilico Anishinabek Family Care