City Ministries & Partnerships
Redwood Park Food Bank
Our food bank has been operating for over 12 years now, serving approximately 250 families per month. We are the second-largest food bank in Thunder Bay, and rely on donations from our Redwood community and our community garden, as well as the Regional Food Distribution Association.
September 2020 UPDATE - Redwood Park Church Food Bank is reopening at 532 N. Edward Street on October 10th!
Here's what you'll need to know:
- Only 3 clients will be allowed through each area at a time.
- Washrooms will be unavailable. There will not be coffee or snacks served to clients.
- Our regular door will be used for entry only. Exit will be out our delivery door.
- Clients and volunteers will all be screened with the standard COVID-19 questionnaire.
- Masks & social distancing are mandatory
- Enhanced cleaning will occur before, during, and after our operation.
- Clients can access the food bank twice a month
- ALL CLIENTS MUST PRE-REGISTER at 211. Those not registered will be unable to receive a hamper.
- All hampers are pre-packaged with fresh and pantry items.
- Please bring original, current photo ID for yourself and proof of residency. Other adults living in the house (aged 19 and over) must have original & current photo ID and proof of residency. Children need current ID, but not proof of residency.
Questions? Interested in volunteering with our food bank? Email Dianne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a team of people from Redwood who also serve a meal at the Shelter House on the third Wednesday of each month. For more information or to volunteer with this team, join the facebook page or email Debbie at email@example.com
Partnerships & Annual Events
The Coldest Night of the Year - in support of Grace Place
The Day of Caring - in support of United Way
Christmas Wish Bags - in support of Dilico Anishinabek Family Care